Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dreams Do Come True: Budget Friendly Weddings

Hello, fellow bloggers!

Recently, I read a startling article from the Washington Post about marriage. Did you know that last year only 51% of all adults ranging from 18 and up were married? So, why is it that 7.5 million people were living together as couples, but not married?

In my opinion, I believe that one of the many factors involved is the economy. I noticed that many of my friends are getting engaged right out of college...broke. Don't delay your marriage out of fears...or money.
Harry proposing to Charlotte!
But, does that mean that if I get married broke that romantic, fairytale weddings with a great honeymoon are out of the question? Or that I will always live in an apartment trying to get by? Absolutely not!

How do I get the perfect honeymoon if I'm broke?
Recently, I started doing research on how to get exactly what you want...tastefully. So, what did I find for your perfect honeymoon? A registry! Yes, you read that correctly. "Buy Our Honeymoon" is a site for your wedding guests to help you out with that special, and much needed, getaway! Crazy, right?

Okay, so now you are asking "how does it work." Well, according to the site "Buy Our Honeymoon is a wedding registry for the couple who already have everything they need for their home, and who dream instead of romance in a faraway paradise." You can register for plane tickets, drinks, dinner, cruises, clothes, etc. So, get your soon-to-be-wife/husband and plan your perfect honeymoon together!

For more information visit: Buy Our Honeymoon

What if you are looking for your dream home, but you can't afford it? Or what if it is a "fixer upper" that you bought for cheap in the perfect location?
Well, hold on to your seat because I have news for you! There is a registry for that too! And yes, this is a tasteful way of asking for help from your friends and family.

"Hatch My House" is an online registry that you create yourself. All you have to do is sign up and create your ideal house! How fun is that? Your groom/bride-to-be and you can sit down and create a home together...for free! I think that sounds like one of the most exciting things that a newly wed couple can do.

For more information visit: Hatch My House

For more fun wedding ideas: 
What is your dream wedding? And how do you plan on getting it?
“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”-The Notebook



No comments:

Post a Comment