Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mountain Adventures

This is the first year that I am not able to travel outside of Virginia, which at first made me sad. However, this is not that unfortunate because I have great friends to keep me company. When I can't travel too far or I'm on a budget, I always take day trips.

Yesterday, my friends, Ricky and Chelsea, accompanied me to the Shenandoah National Park for a day trip. It cost $15 to get into the park, but the pass lasts for about 6 days. This means that I am able to go back to the park everyday if I wanted to without having to pay again.
View from the mountains

Things to remember if you are going hiking for the day:
-Pack snacks and lunch
-Always take extra water
-Bring a camera
-Bring walking/hiking shoes...or anything comfortable that won't fall off
-ALWAYS wear layers (if you get hot, then just take one layer off at a time)
-Bring a pocket knife
-Bring a flashlight
-Bring toilet paper
-Always have a little bit of cash on you
-Hand sanitizer or wipes

Happy hiking, fellow bloggers!


 --For more pictures from my adventure visit my Facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment