Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Backpacking Basics

Hello, fellow adventurers!

Have you always wanted to backpack across Europe or the world in general? I bet you wonder what it takes to be a true backpacker, right? Well, I have already given you some tips in a few earlier posts, but I have great news...

"Cheesing it" in Peru with my first
hand-me-down backpack!
The other day, I went to REI with B because he was preparing for a trip to Nicaragua and needed supplies. While I was looking around the store, I found a newsletter and decided to take it with me. I'm glad I did because now I can help you guys out. REI is hosting a class on Backpacking Basics! Yes, a class that will get rid of the uncertainty you may have about backpacking!

Description of the class:
"REI will take the mystery out of Backpacking as we share our knowledge in this show and tell session. We will cover backpacking essentials: choosing a pack; selecting proper clothing; and the right footwear; and understanding the basic gear you need to reach your destination."

Price:
FREE

In-store Locations and Dates:
1) April 4th at Bailey's Crossroads, College Park: 7 p.m.
2) April 11th at Columbia: 7 p.m.
3) April 25th at Rockville: 6:30 p.m.
4) April 27th at Timonium: 7 p.m.


Have fun becoming a true backpacker, fellow adventurers!


No comments:

Post a Comment