Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. I'm all aglow..."

During a woman's life, she is often found questioning the aspect of relationships, love, and even what Walt Disney gave us as children...fairytales. Here is to all the women searching for their prince charming...

What type of love are women looking for?
Carrie and Big
Well, in my opinion, Carrie, from the hit series Sex and the City, said it the best...
"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."


Girls grow up with fairytales. Can you blame us for wanting a man to rescue us when we are a "damsel in distress?" Disney provided us with the silly, yet beautiful stories of finding love. Unlike Romeo & Juliet, women want a happy ending not a tragic ending. Women want to ride off into the sunset with prince charming. 

Sleeping Beauty
Still not getting it? Well, simply put, women want to be rescued. I'm sure many girls will scorn me for saying that, but think about it. Whether you want to be rescued by a man, a dog, or your best friend, you still want to have that fantasy fulfilled. And there is nothing wrong with that.



How do women find their prince?
  • Dating sites
  • Happy hour
  • School
    • My Mom always says, "you will find your true love in college or graduate school."
  • Random places: 
    • Dog parks
    • Home Depot
    • Starbucks
    • Hey, maybe even riding the airplane if you are an avid traveler!
Sometimes, women look for their prince and sometimes, he finds them.

My opinion?
B and I
Well, I believe relationships and love are complicated. Also, I believe that there is a prince charming for every little princess born into this world. Yet, I believe that women have to kiss a lot of frogs before they find him. And when you do find him, it will be a rough ride on the carriage through life. Love is not easy, but it is the fairytale you are looking for. Keep an open mind and stay strong, love will find you

What happens when love is found and becomes complicated?
Well, you definitely found it if it is complicated. Work at it everyday and remember the wise words of CoCo Chanel, "As long as you know most men are like children, you know everything."

Perhaps, you don't like what CoCo said. What about what Audrey Hepburn said?
Breakfast at Tiffany's
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

Have you lost faith and need some reminding?
Watch:
  • The Notebook
  • The Last Song
  • The Little Mermaid (my favorite!)
  • Hercules
  • Well, any Disney movie
  • The Ugly Truth
  • Sex and The City 1&2
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's (another favorite!)
  • Gone With The Wind (my grandparents saw this on their first date!)
Read: 
  • The Wedding: Nicholas Sparks
  • Twilight Series: Stephenie Meyer
  • Pride & Prejudice: Jane Austen
  • Gone With the Wind: Margaret Mitchell

Have you found your prince and are ready for marriage? Check out this fun blog that is filled with clever ideas for save-the-date invitations!


Have you found your prince? Share your story with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment