Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Delicious Wine and Good Times


I awoke to a cold, dreary day and thought well, I guess there will not be a wine festival today due to rain. Of course, I was wrong.
The 36th Annual Virginia Wine Festival was held September 17th and 18th at the Bull Run Special Events Center. The event was a little steep because it cost $30 to enter, then inside you have to think of the cost of each glass ($5) or bottle of wine ($17+), food, and maybe even souvenirs. (As I have mentioned in previous posts, have a budget in mind so you don’t overspend for events like this.)
B and I at the festival.

I personally love wine, so I entered with high hopes and a budget. B and I walked into the event and met up with a few friends who knew the band playing, which was an excellent Beatles cover band. Then, we headed to a tent of a winery we had never heard of and bought a glass of wine. We proceeded to stroll around the event and it was quite fun because I like watching people go from “flat foot walkers” to “sideways walkers(drunks).” Incase you are unaware of what I am referring to, take your foot and walk on the side of it…now you are a “sideways walker." 

My favorite wine from the festival is called “POW WOW” and it is a chocolate strawberry wine. Yes, you read that right. The wine smells of chocolate and it is the perfect dessert wine. Who could pass on a dessert wine? I left with two bottles. The winery is called Mattaponi Winery located in Spotsylvania and I highly recommend checking them out.

What is your favorite wine (if you are of age)?

1 comment:

  1. I will have to look for Pow Wow -- I've tried ice wines but never a dessert wine like that! Great article :)

    ReplyDelete