Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New Adventures in Traveling Cheap

Hello, fellow travelers!

As the days grow longer and summer nears, I’ve realized I have had so much on my plate the last few weeks. We have recently ripped up our carpet and installed hardwoods/laminate, started gardening, and even found out that B and I are expecting. Yes, it has been quite an adventure without ever leaving our hometown. Yet, this is not the post to discuss all of those things, but instead a post to inform you of some new things to check out. And yes, don’t fret; I will eventually post about my Russian adventures.

As a marketing manager, part of my normal routine in the mornings is to check for new and exciting things happening in the world. Occasionally, I find myself with a case of wanderlust and look for great travel advice. Today the travel advice was not for me, but for you all looking to travel abroad, but perhaps too scared to look at the possibilities of exploring the world around you. Did you just say you have a budget and/or can’t afford to travel? Wrong.

Here are a few great websites that I stumbled upon:

Vayable

Vayable is a great website to book daytrips in new cities for super cheap with a REAL local as your guide! Now, if you ask me, it can’t get much better than that! And hey, maybe you will realize that this is your dream job. Check it out, book it, and let me know your thoughts!
 

Camp in my Garden

Camp in my Garden is a website that offers a private garden as your very own campsite. How cool is that? Have you ever wanted to go camping in the English countryside? Well, now you can!
 

Norwegian Air

This airline may not offer too many airport destinations from the U.S., but they sure do offer cheap flights to the UK, Europe, and more. Has London been on your list for a long time? How would you feel if I said they offer a flight from JFK to London, one-way, for $249? Uh, hello, go check them out and start booking your next adventure!

 

If you would like to read more about traveling on the cheap, please check out this Time article! http://time.com/money/3652490/budget-travel-tips-tools-matt-kepnes/

Happy travels!

Katie

1 comment: