Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Friday, February 13, 2015

So You Want To Go To Russia: The Verdict!


“Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.”
-Andrew Zimmern
Hello,
As promised, I am writing this post to give you the follow up on my Russian visa. Did they or did they not grant B and I access to their country for 9 days?

The 12th day arrived and I sent B to D.C. with a notarized letter from me stating he had permission to pick up my passport. This was the moment of truth. After all, we only spent 12 days sweating and biting our nails hoping that Russia would grant us access into their country.  And before those 12 days, we went through hours of tedious assignments to prove our worth. B and I spilling the contents of our wanderlust filled lives onto paper--hoping the Russians would not question the locations we have gone. After all, a traveler just wants to see the world, new cultures, and fall in love with things that are familiar, yet not familiar. And to someone looking at our paper, it must come off as either we are crazy or we are interesting.

The verdict is….

Our hard work paid off—we are going to Russia!! Здравствуйте  Российская Федерация! I think that is "hello, Russian Federation!"

Check back in a few weeks for reviews on Russia!

No comments:

Post a Comment