Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Monday, November 26, 2012

Menswear

Hello, fellow bloggers!


It has been awhile since I last posted and I apologize. I'm sure we all know that life gets a little hectic around the holidays. Anyways, fear not because I am going to do another fashion post for all the fashionistas looking for fun fashion ideas. 

Topic of the day: Menswear

  • How do you feel about it?
    • I personally love menswear because the clothes are comfortable, cute, and in your closet...or maybe your boyfriend's closet. 
    • Also, it is my belief that men can't resist a girl who dresses like this. I think there is a sense of "she is wearing my clothes..." Yes, you can finish the sentence yourself!
  • Can anyone pull it off?
    • Yes, everyone can wear menswear! All you need to do is find the cozy pieces hanging in your closet and throw them together!
    • Don't worry if it looks a little sloppy!
  • How to put it together:
    • Do layers!
    • Do find one great blazer!
    • Do keep jewelry simple!
    • Go for bright lips and mascara!
    • Feel free to curl, straighten, or just toss your hair into a messy bun!
    • Grab some oxfords or loafers...or some bright flats to spice it up!
    • Do have confidence!
Are you ready for my version?

What I am wearing:
  • Target Sunglasses:
    • I've owned these since summer. I think they cost about $10.
  • H&M blue shirt
    • I bought this 2 years ago for about $14.
  • JCrew: 
    • White Shirt: I've owned this for a year and it was about $25. 
    • Blazer: I bought this a few months ago because it was the perfect blazer for me. It was a little pricey (~$200), but I  get a lot of use out of it. 
  • Diesel Baggy Jeans: I bought these yesterday for $26 instead of the usual $200. Yes, you read that right! 
    • Head to the outlet malls for great deals! 
  • Brown Socks: 
    • I've owned these for awhile....probably about $2.50.
  • Brown Oxfords: 
    • I bought these at Target 2 years ago for $10. Yes, the shoes were on sale :)
  • Chanel Lipstick: Rouge Allure 98: Coromandel
    • It is like an orangish red and my favorite!
* Grand Total: $287.50 
  • Remember, this is over the last 2 years!
  • For a budget friendly option, dig in your closet for loose fitting pieces and throw a cardigan on! And it is okay to look a little sloppy because you are going for a girl-next-door vibe! 
Random fun pictures of my menswear:

The tree in the front yard that fell from Hurricane Sandy!

Look, I can balance on a tree with coffee!


Brown Oxfords are perfect for climbing fallen trees!

Gingerbread Lattes scream winter!

Recommendations if you need new clothes:
  • JCrew:
    • Schoolboy Blazer: $198
      • I love this blazer! It is the perfect cut and there are tons of pockets.
    • Perfect Shirt: $88
      • I have this in a green color and I love it! The shirt is cut perfectly. Oh, and did I mention it is so comfortable you won't want to take it off?
  • H&M
    • Perfect place to dig for loose shirts, sweaters, etc.
  • Target
    • I always buy cardigans from here! 
  • GAP:
Need more inspiration:

Will you be trying the trend? If so, let me know what your version was!


No comments:

Post a Comment