Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Traveler's Worst Nightmare

Hello, fellow bloggers!
Cristo Redentor

Once upon a time, I flew back from Brazil and landed in the United States. I went through customs fine. Then, like any typical U.S. entry, headed to claim my bag and recheck it to continue on my journey. B grabbed his bag and I stood there watching the luggage carousel circle around. I began to get this sinking feeling in my stomach as I watched everyone from my flight pick up their bags. I stood and waited as I watched an employee take all the extra bags off the carousel and sit them on the floor in a pile. I looked at B with a concerned look. B and I went and talked to Delta employees about my bag. They apologized and told me to file a missing bag report in Virginia. I landed in Virginia and was eager to file a report. Well, weeks later my bag never surfaced and Delta repaid me for my loss. It was a sad day for me, but it meant I got to go shopping for a new bag....

Of course, I absolutely love REI and shop their religiously for any travel gear I may need. B and I went to REI last night and looked around at our options. I saw my old bag, but wanted to try something new. B and I decided to try a brand of bag called Deuter because we see many foreign backpackers with this brand. I tried the bag on and loved it. I have not gone on any adventures with it yet, but soon I will and will report back to you all.

Check the bag out and let me know what you think!
Deuter ACT Lite 60 + 10 SL: $199.00 : Get the most bang for your buck with this one :)


Tip of the day: Something may seem bad at first, but look at it as a new adventure waiting to blossom!

No comments:

Post a Comment