Adventures Abroad

Adventures Abroad
Machu Picchu

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Exploring Japanese Cuisine


Hello, fellow adventurers!


Have you been wanting to explore Japan, but do not have the funds to do so? Well, worry no more. Be brave and let your taste buds do the exploring!


Restaurant: Izakaya Blue Ocean 

Location: 9440 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22031

Phone: (703) 425-7555

Price: Reasonable

Review: The food is absolutely delicious!

Dinner: I got the Tonkatsu Ramen for $11.50. The bowl of soup and noodles is very filling. I suggest asking for the spicy oils that is handmade in the restaurant. It will give your soup a little bit of something extra.

Ramen and Green Tea
Drink:  I ordered the Iced Green Tea. Of course, I loved the taste of the iced green tea, but B thought it tasted like "grass." To each their own?!

Dessert: For dessert, I dare you to try Mochi Icecream, which is icecream wrapped in a sticky rice cake. This does not sound appetizing, but I promise you will enjoy it if you can get past the powdered stickiness. I suggest trying my favorite, the Green Tea Mochi.
Green Tea Mochi

***The restaurant also serves sushi and a large variety of classic Japanese dishes for a reasonable price. Be aware that some dishes must be ordered two hours to a day in advance. Take a look at the dinner menu!


Go forth and let your taste buds experience Japan! 







No comments:

Post a Comment